Monday, July 24, 2006

The good sister

I am a bloody good sister! I am in the process of knitting three pairs of socks for my sister, sister-in-law and cousin as gifts for their "Thelma & Louise" style holiday to New Zealand later this year. I have already completed one, the blue stripe and it has a rather complex rib that didn't really show up amongst the the stiping. The diamond pattern block was a 10 stich repeat. I cast on 70 stiches to start these socks, and did 12 rows of K1P1 rib. Then 18cm of the diamond pattern blocks before starting the heel. I ended up only having a tiny amount of yarn left over - these are socks for a big foot!
pppppppkpk
pppppppkpk
pppkpppkpk
pppkpppkpk
ppkpkppkpk
ppkpkppkpk
pkpppkpkpk
pkpppkpkpk
ppkpkppkpk
ppkpkppkpk
pppkpppkpk
pppkpppkpk
pppppppkpk
pppppppkpk
The other is rather simple mix of stockinette and reverse stockinette as the colours change. Much better pattern with this sort of wool.

Both are knitted in Opal "Prisma" on 3.25mm needles. I reallly like knitting with the Red Prisma, the Blue was so boarding school. The next one is a purple and I havent decided what pattern to use for the rib yet. I was thinking mock pleats. I picked up all three balls of prisma for $7 each from ebay. Bargain. Just as well really as I don't expect my cousin to appreaciate them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hello and welcome to another Aussie in the knitting path :)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home