Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hannah's beanie


Friends of ours had a baby girl on Monday - Hannah. We are off to see her tonight so I knitted her this little beanie modeled by Rowan's Easter duck. I am doing well using up left over baby wool - both Shepard 3ply and I have the tiniest amount of the pink left. The pattern is similar to this, except for grafting the stitches together at the crown I have continued knitting them (8 stitches) to make a stalk eight rows long. I have also placed her monogram and birthdate in fair isle around the middle, starting 8 cm from the cast on edge. Its ~HMK ~ 24-07-06. I used a letter sampler from a cross-stitch book as a guide, the are all 10 rows high. Unfortunately the letters are a little hard to make out as the white yarn has a bit of a shimmer and any light really clouds the letters. I have also just about eliminated the ladders between the needles which makes the whole thing look much better. If the new parents like it, I will knit another beanie for another friend (not very close, but I was going to send her something later) in a similar style. I am really enjoying fair isle knitting. I should have started it years ago!

5 Comments:

Blogger Corrie said...

ohhhh its so lovely! how cute!!!!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger I? said...

Lovely gift! And hello to you from London.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

You make such lovely baby hats. They are so cute, and I am sure that the baby will look gorgeous in it.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is one very cute hat! Such a lucky baby.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It looks so soft and pretty. I bet it will definitely become a favourite with the family.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home