Friday, July 28, 2006

Head in a spin

Thankyou to all those ladies that commented on my last post. Its a wonderful to be welcome into such a unique community - its certainly lonely being the only knitter in my circle of friends.

I must say my head is in a spin over the sheer number of knitting sites there are. I have just bought a pile of wool from Live 2 Knit, and I don't even need it! Am I already an addict? Should I seek help or is it ok to have a sizeable stash. With the sheer number of knitting shops out there I doubt whether I will ever go to a retail shop again. Plus I love the cottage yarn industries out there - so many unique things.

Now I just have to finish a few things. I am nearly finished my sisters socks, then I have to knit another beanie. After that I am knitting some socks for MYSELF. Can't believe I haven't knitted something for myself this year.

Also, I would love a button/thumbnail/pretty picture things for myself. Anyone know how I get one?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie said...

Mate, welcome to our world! Its a beautiful one, with acres and acres of lovely colours and blends to discover!

Karen does buttons etc. Her digs are at http://k-knitgraphics.blogspot.com/. I think that she does pretty work, but you may be able to score someone who can do it for free.

Let me know if you want any links, tips etc

2:15 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

Thanks Nathalie

I have just made myself a button now - nicked a bit of the Prince "Diamand and Pearls" CD cover.

Kath

4:04 PM  
Blogger Corrie said...

kath, I now think I spend more time reading blogs than knitting!!!! its addictive!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home