Monday, July 31, 2006

Newborn beanie

I am getting faster at knitting. I quickly knitted up a cute little newborn beanie last night. Again using scrap baby wool - 3ply Shepard - I now only have a tiny amount of the cream left. The pattern is very similar to this, except I cast on 80 stiches to make a smaller size. The beanie is for my husbands secretary who had a baby boy last Friday. I doubt she will ever use it as she isnt the type to trust homemade over store bought. Plus I know she has spent up big at Pumpkin Patch (very overpriced kids clothes shop). Its the thought that counts and I am quite happy for her to give it away.

The pattern in the middle is a fair isle peenie over 7 rows, 10 stitch repeat:

%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%

Very simple. I also seem to have solved the ladder problem between the needles as the beanie is very neat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corrie said...

ohhh its very cute! I hope she puts in on bub and with the current cold weather am sure she will! I give away baby beanies and they are always worn even by the most trendy mums because they are so warm!!!!!!! I just made 2 premmie beanies for my neighbour and only cast on 60 stitches! teeny weeny

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home