Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Like I need more wool...

Oooooh. Look what arrived in the post today...

and...

My yarn from Live 2 Knit and 4 balls of Opal Sock Yarn from ebay. The opal yarn is for Christmas socks or something - gifts anyway. The Live 2 knit yarn is for myself, and myself only. I am going to give pomatomus or some lace pattern a go first off, and probably use the candy colour first - being a girl. Then I may consider knitting the greenish wool for my mother-in-law, but only if I really feel generous.

Love getting goodies in the mail.

In other news, and you won't believe this, guess what I was given by a complete stranger while walking my dogs and Rowan last Wednesday? A crochet baby blanket:

I was walking along a nearby cafe strip and this lady came up, "this is for your baby, I would like her to have it" and placed it on the pram. The she walked off, before I could say the baby was a "he" or thank her for this lovely gift. And it really is lovely, made from soft wool and very well made. Only criticism is that its not in my favorite football team colours, but Rowan doesn't care. He already loves pulling it over his head or making wrinkles in it. Do you think she sensed I was a fellow knitter?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice haul - amazing gesture....what good knitting karma.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, that Knit 2 live yarn looks gorgeous. You will have to let us know how it is to knit with. What a lovely gesture from that lady. All in all a great day really?

6:25 AM  
Blogger Corrie said...

ohhh i bought some opal too from ebay - so fast and speedy - my justification is that they are for presents - yours looks nicer than mine!!!! I chose one that was pinks but actually looks like oranges

9:10 PM  
Blogger Sner said...

It's so lovely to be on the recieving end of random acts of kindness. Just remember to pass it on :-)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home