Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Offline


How long does it take to change ISP these days? Two weeks - that how long I have been offline trying to get disconnected from one and hooked up to another. Most of the down time was Telstra stuffing about. I have gone from broadband to superfast broadband as these days people design webpages with huge graphics and the waiting for the site to be useful is just too long. Not as painful as dial-up mind you! My mother still dial-up and I can make a cup of tea and sandwich in the time it takes for yahoo.com to load. I find that once you have fast internet, you cannot go back - like driving a car with manual window winders after electronic windows. Sadly for my mother broadband isn't available in her area.

However there is a silver lining to being offline - I have managed to do quite a bit of knitting. I have finished my sisters' socks - all three pairs ready to go on their ski trip in October. I like this pair the most - the mock cables really stand out against the stripes and I really like the colour. They also fit my feet like a glove.
I have also started knitting some socks intended for me with the Live 2 Knit yarn I bought a few weeks ago. It really is beautiful yarn. I will publish some pictures in my next post.

And in case you thought I wasn't busy enough, I started my crochet course! The class goes for 4 weeks at 1.5 hours each Saturday. Only had 1 class so far - we learnt how to cast on a chain, get the tensioning right and do some double crochet. Unfortunately I don't think I am doing it quite right
Everything looks wrong to me although the photo makes it look better than it actually is! The stitches aren't lining up and I keep thinking there should be a discernible pattern. So I am loathe to keep practicing the same stitch until I see the instructor again. I believe we are learning doubles and triples next week so I hope I can pick it up ok. I am not sure I am going to take crochet up in a big way - knitting is so much more relaxing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

Keep going with the crochet - you are doing well! You haven't quite got the hang of turning at the end of the row but the crochet part looks good! I hope you will find it more relaxing as you get used to it!

8:36 PM  
Blogger NattyChick said...

The socks look great. I think I will try and learn to crochet. I did the straps for the tube cami and they turned out OK. They are certainly not very uniform but they are functional I guess! LOL

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home