Saturday, September 02, 2006

Falling leaves socks Part I

Ugh, Rowan is sick. He has a cold - with cough, bit of a gummy eye and a runny nose. Matt is nagging me to take him to the doctors but I know its just a cold and he will fight it off. Matt gew up going to the Doctors every time he had a sniffle. I can count on one hand the number of times I went to the docs as a kid. I don't believe a doctor will be able to help him right now but if its gets alot worse, I will take him down. Poor little guy - when he coughs in his sleep he wakes up and cries. Poor Mummy has to settle him back down again!

Well on the knit front, here is the sock I have started knitting from Live 2 Knit's Elisabeth yarn in Maple:

Its a "falling leaves" pattern repeat modified from a lace pattern in Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume 1.


And I love the heel:


I think you will all agree this will be a pretty pair of socks. My first knitted pair just for me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wired for Fibre said...

Wow. the socks look gorgeous, I can't wait to see the matching pair!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Great looking socks and all yours, good for you ;)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Nathalie said...

gorgeous sock, and lovely yarn - you have just confirmd my next sock yarn purchase! you are doing a fabulous job on them!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Corrie said...

wow you are a good sock knitter!!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home