Monday, September 18, 2006

Socks on the head


I'm knitting another pair of socks. Its because I can't think of what else yet. I would like to knit a bag or a light weight cotton cardi but am sturggling to find a good, cheap cotton yarn in rich colours. I was all geared up to buy some cotton from Knitpicks in the US only to find they don't do interntaional shipping. I am not wild about the cotton colours at Bendigo Woollen Mills and can't affort Jo Sharp or Rowan right now. So if anyone can recommend a good 4 ply cotton brand with a wide range of colours in Australia I would love to hear from you!
These socks are going to be a gift for a friend thats about to do her first cycle of IVF. They are "transfer" socks in blue and pink colourways from Live 2 Knit. I know what she is going through as my son Rowan is the product of 3.5 years of IVF treatments and I concieved him wearing pink and blue Bonds socks. So I believe success is all about what socks are worn on embryo transfer day. Looking funky aren't they!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie said...

have you looked at Heirloom brand (Australian) 4 ply? Quite colourful, and maybe not too expensive?

7:52 PM  
Blogger My Five Sons said...

I too have seen some colourful cotton in my LWS but although I bought a lovely emerald green I think I lost the band but will check it out when I next visit the shop!
Love your socks....

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you checked out the Panda range of Regal 4 ply cotton? the range isn't as good as it was, but they may have the colour for you!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home