Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sockwars - the first blow!

Sockwars was meant to start on the 8th of this month. I had been waiting for my dossier to turn up so I knew what yarn/needles/size I had to knit. However, as of yesterday - nada - so I sent a reminder email to yarnmonkey. Sadly she has had technical difficulties meaning not all dossiers were sent out and the first wave of attacks are already underway. Not that it really matters, but now I know who I have to kill and what i am going to kill them with! I am ordering some 8ply (DK) "Mystique" wool/mohair/alpaca wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills in Bolero which is fitting for a bloody fight. At the same time I am going to order myself som 12ply Rustic so I can knit this satchel. I am thinking Red Tweed in the rustic group.

Still going on the socks. I have done one, just started the other so the sockwar socks will be waiting until next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love Bendy Rustic, I think it is now one of my fave yarns.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Ooh I am using Bendigo wool too, but Dusty Blue. The rustic colors are gorgeous arent they. I love their range of colors. Did you know that the wool shack have had a sale on, and they sell 4 ply but not cotton, though the yarn they are selling is only $4.80 a ball and oh so soft. Just take a look if it interests you.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Another Bendigo Wool fan here too. Good luck with the sock wars!!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home